THE NEIST APRON
This year we decided that instead of taking a step back, we would push ourselves to be even more creative, if we couldn’t find something we wanted - to make it ourselves, and to manufacture even more locally. Alongside our more ambitious products we have been steadily developing a range of high quality Made in Scotland homewares, and this Neist Apron is our first launch. We are a family of makers and always need an apron on hand for work, cooking, art or DIY projects. We wanted to make the most functional, durable apron we could that felt like us, in our signature workwear style, using local cloth and a local factory.
MADE IN SCOTLAND
Made to last, the Kestin Neist Bib Apron is designed, woven and manufactured within 56 miles in central Scotland. Cut from unique, dense and durable 100% cotton that feels soft to touch, this apron has been tested and approved by chefs, carpenters and artists, but can be used by anyone looking to protect their clothing.
The workwear style is taken from our Shop Coat combined with our Neist Overshirt, with three curved workwear signature patch pockets, the top pocket comes with a handy pencil sleeve and two larger lower pockets for storing bulkier items. Reinforced stitching, brass eyelets and herringbone tape finish off the classic approach, coming in three colour ways – cumin/french navy/charcoal - that will age nicely over time.
• Dense, durable premium 14oz cotton canvas (a non-wax alternative to waxed cotton)
• Natural cotton feel with performance qualities
• Ecru cotton herringbone tape ties
• Adjustable neck tape
• Three curved workwear signature patch pockets (taken from our Stac Blazer)
• Top utility pocket with pencil sleeve
• Two larger pockets for storing tools
• Reinforced stitching
• Brushed brass eyelets
• Washable at 40c, do not tumble dry
• This apron’s colour will change over time, becoming more characterful during washing
• Proudly Made in Scotland
SHOP THE NEIST APRON
PHOTOGRAPHY: OLLY GEARY
MODELS: TOM WHITTLE (ARTIST), MICHELE CIVIERA (RESTRAUNTEUR), CHLOE (JORUM LABORATORIES)