FULL TIME BASED IN EDINBURGH STUDIO
REPORTING INTO DESIGN & PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
This role is to work directly with the Design and Product Development Manager and Creative Director, offering inspiration research, mood boards, technique developments, designs/details and illustrator sketches, supporting the creative design process from start to finish. Working with product developers to build techpacks, produce sample schedules and help liaise with factories to develop samples. This role must ensure to bring creative strength and newness to each collection, as well as understanding the business requirements in terms of commercial needs tosupport the growth of the business. To work closely with Product Developer to ensure design handovers are clear and critical paths are adhered to.
*Please note: Candidates are only considered when CV is supported with a PDFportfolio demonstrating industry standard illustrator design packs, and digital moodboards.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare relevant and creative research on themes, colours, fabrics, around the season’s brief.
- To initiate original design and illustrator sketches, following the Creative Director’s seasonal brief.
- Design product that conforms to the range plan and creative vision of the brand. Collaborating with different functions within the company, such as the sales team to ensure commerciality of collection and to respect margin expectations.
- Own and maintain seasonal boards (inspirations, print concepts, trials,sketches, branding, garment information) as well as a design binder/archive.
- Responsible for maintenance of collection boards and ensuring clear updates to Development and Studio team.
- Create intial tech packs for garments, accessories and any new branding /trim elements and work with development to maintain tech packs throughout the development process.
- To have a good understanding of measurements to be able to assist development in briefing factories for first proto samples.
- Participate in weekly/seasonal fits with the design and development teams.
- Responsible for cad drawings to show detailed design ideas for shape, print, knit and embroidery ideas and all approved designs.
- Responsible for managing an intern to help deliver on all design requirements. Working closely with Product Development and Studio team on ensuring compliance of critical paths.
- Be a key leader in handover of collection to both Development and Production team, ensuring that key design details are understood and maintained.
- Must have 2 years of experience in relevant industry
- Must be proficient in Photoshop, InDesign and Excel
- Must have advanced knowledge in Adobe Illustrator
- Must have basic understanding of pattern drafting / block & fit
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have strong time management and organisational skills
- Must be self-motivated with a strong sense of urgenc
- Experience in menswear is essential
- Good technical knowledge
- Good knowledge of the fashion industry
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Kestin is a Scottish men’s clothing brand founded by Kestin Hare, and based in his hometown of Edinburgh, Scotland. Kestin the brand was created to redefine modern Scottish design by blending innovation with tradition. Based in Edinburgh, the company culture is dynamic and entrepreneurial but with a strategic vision. The culture of this fast-growing brand requires strong organisational skills, team players, good communication skills, a “Can Do” and 360 approach.
To apply please email email@example.com